Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Please Don't

Please don't let him steal you away.
Please don't kiss him with those lips.
Why would you hold his hands with your delicate hands?
Please don't laugh and lean on him as you walk.
And don't look at me with your brown eyes
Asking me how I'm doing when I would rather turn and walk away.
You must have forgotten everything about Me.
How you loved holding my hands.
How you loved holding me tight.
How you couldn't feel the cold wind blow when you were in my arms.
I can't stop loving you.
You'll always be in my heart.
Leaving must have been easy for you.
Because your gone and you can look at me like a friend.
As if we could sit down and just talk.
But I would have to hide my feelings like I do with your friends.
And hope that no one would know
that since your gone I will always be alone.
Because you said you loved me.

Cordell Rich
Sometime I wish I had never said those words to you. That I had just said goodbye and let you walk out those doors. But I do love you.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember me. I'm pretty sure I remember you. I have only known one Cordell but he knew several Shannons. The Cordell I know was a very decent person, maybe your still just to nice.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing harder than seeing the one you love with someone else and you really said it well here.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt it, you took me there...
Good poem...
Colin J...

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cordell This I like least of the three.For me it gushes and I'm
drowning in it.I swim away.
Why are the others better, maybe should be tighter
and more poetic or imaginative phrasing. Maybe it says too much
Send you a message shortly
Martin

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i was a painter i could paint this scene because u discribe it so well.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is loaded with so much pain it almost made me cry...i felt like something inside of me broke into shards and now i feel the pain of those in every corner of my being...

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is loaded with so much pain it almost made me cry...i felt like something inside of me broke into shards and now i feel the pain of those in every corner of my being...

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It swept me away, and i thought of our liaisons together...are you out of the closet yet???

jack

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home