Friday, August 08, 2008

Never Sent

I remember each time we spoke last year, there were 6 of them. This after seeing you every day for so long. Last year I wrote you a letter that began like this. "Im sorry for what I've done to you. Can you forgive me?" But I couldnt bring myself to send it because Im not sorry for telling you that I love you. And so I prayed that I would somehow forget you or that we could be friends again. And each time I prayed, I whispered your name out loud just to have your name on my lips. I dont want it to be over between us. I still love you.

Cordell Rich

I remember each time we spoke last year
there were 6 of them
this after seeing you every day for so long
last year I wrote you a letter that began like this
"Im sorry for what I've done to you. Can you forgive me?"
but I couldnt bring myself to send it
because Im not sorry for telling you that I love you.
and so I prayed that I would somehow forget you
or that we could be friends again.
and each time I prayed,
I whispered your name out loud
just to have your name on my lips.
I dont want it to be over between us.
I still love you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

unspoken words remain forever in our hearts, together with the reason that gave birth to them...and we carry them inside us forever...

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home