Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gouge Out My Eyes

bright eyes
bare his memory
fed life’s fuel
making lust a famine
glutton that I am
love is empty
hollow praise
lying in my naked arms
wrapped in my words
naked words
make bare his heart
so far fallen
every moment closer to flight
this life, broken shards of remorse
words unsaid
deeds undone
love unloved
you said Id fine forever
I scream bullshit
without you
I am alone
dead but for this breath
must I leave those eyes
how long am I to wait
you my light barer
alone I choose the dark
gouge out my eyes
for I am not to see

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really intense, in a good way. Nice expression.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another best write, I wish I could write just as intense as this!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link.
I enjoy your poetry, with its elements of darkness here there, like the black background of your site.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby, did you just write this latest post "Gauge my eye out"? I am so sorry for what you are feeling. This poem is intense and I wanted to just wrap you up and hold you when I read it!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home