Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Please Read this on the Plane, I love you!

I am sometime lost when I'm with you
I love you but I betray myself
and I guard my actions
when you were tired
all I wanted to do
was hold you in my arms
and feel you sleeping
so that you could have that rest
but if I held you in my arms
I would want to feel the flesh
from the small of your back
sweating against the flat of my hands
there is no prize to great or small
that I won’t steal from you
I will always be your thief
when you’re in Rome look up
and feel the warmth of the sun on your face
and when you do
know that I am her
in the dark without you
and that thousands of silvery stars
will hold no magic for me
as long as you are gone
ten days is too long
without looking in your eyes
I will be looking forward to seeing you
I dare you to call again once you return
and when you return
I dare you to tell me again
that you love me

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sentiments till the closing dare: you don't need to exert control over her, if the preceding lines are true. I like this thoughtful poem.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home