Friday, October 17, 2008

Sonnet 1

Dear Ms.

the angles conspire and whisper our names
blushing as moonlight dappled thought the leaves
heats our passions bright with newfound flames
and silvery paints your shoulders without sleeves

clasp my hands with desperate hearts embracing
entreat my eyes caress your shadowed form
unloose the tempest now within you raging
and wake me gently slumbered upon the morn

had you but closed your hazeled eyes and called my name
and pray me walk so gently upon your fields
youths impetuous memories would not your passions tame
and blind true loves eyes that you may not now yield

wretched upon your future heart will empty memories lie
when true loves rich and fertile soils remember just goodbye


Copyright (C) September 2008 Cordell Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home