Thursday, August 28, 2008

I saw You Sitting there.

I though I saw you at a concert.
Dear Ms.

I saw you sitting with the other girls and I didn't have the courage to say hello. One word. Five letters and my courage failed me. I could have said Hi. Two Letters. Maybe my courage could have shouldered that.

I sometimes wonder if I am a man, and I see myself standing up to the crass man shouting profanities at no one in particular. And I stand up for the crowd. Facing the man.

And in my minds eye I act with square shoulders and directness, unflinching resolve. The kind that abandoned me as my shoulder gall and I divert my eyes when I see you sitting with three girls in skirts.

So I wonder, am I a coward? Would I sit like the rest of the sheep bleating, but never facing the wolf. Or is there a courage separate from the affairs of the heart?

Cordell Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home