Friday, January 16, 2009

Am I Even A Man?

I saw you sitting with the other girls
but I didn't have the courage to say
hello
one word
five letters and my courage failed me

I could have said Hi
two Letters
maybe my courage could have shouldered that

I sometimes wonder if I am even a man
I see myself standing up to the crass man
shouting profanities at no one in particular
And I stand up for the crowd

facing the man
In my minds eye I act with square shoulders and directness
unflinching resolve
the kind that abandoned me as my shoulder fall

and I divert my eyes when I see you
sitting with three girls in skirts

So I wonder, am I a coward
would I sit like the rest of the sheep
bleating but never facing the wolf
or is there a courage separate
from the affairs of the heart

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home