Monday, January 19, 2009

A Winter Prayer

tomorrow let me raise my chin
and feel the winters chill on my face
let me feel the cut of the bitter wind
as it moves from me to its winters race

let me feel the cold burning into my lungs
my ribs stretching as I deeply breath
while no heat escapes the winter suns
and bitter colds encroach within sleeve

let me love the smell of winters breath
her white blanket here a token
the fallen leaves of summers death
covered now their firm grasp broken

the silent plunge from clouds on high
of brilliant white cathedral’s
there crystal forms together lay
a hundred million steeples

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A simple prayer penned vividly and nice flow of words and rhymes in few lines. I loved your first stanza so great...

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like winter too, though I have never expressed it as well as your poem.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marvinbrato
C an feel
o n this poem
r eckoning winter
d oes not have to be there
e ndulge in such weather
l etting the sentiments sip
l ots of fun I already feel!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just magical Cordell:-)) And many many congratulations on your success. All the very best, Penny

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home